Subject: How to low/high level format?
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/24/2000 11:59:27
    I've been running into troubles with my small stack of RZ25L's. I'm
trying to low level and map out bad blocks. I have been trying to do low
levels and testing on my Mac, but I keep getting unrecoverable errors in my
formatting utilities upon verify about 2/3 the way through most of my
drives.
    I'm running the 1.4P Dec 6th snapshot, and I can't seem to get scsictl
to work. I've tried scanning /dev/scsibus0 which returns "device not
configured" I assume this is because we are not using MI SCSI yet. When I
attempt to do a format it returns "bad bus command" is this an MI SCSI issue
as well? I assume the context is scsictl /dev/rz1c format or scsictl
/dev/scsibus0 scan all all. What am I doing wrong Jason, or anyone else who
knows :)

    Chris