Subject: Re: how to boot a netbsd.old kernel?
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Andersson <anders@sanyusan.se>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/21/2000 09:16:10
On Fre, Jan 21, 2000 at 07:06:39pm +1100, Simon Burge wrote:
> Anders Andersson wrote:
>
> > It doesnt stop, I have tried several times now. Control-Alt-Return wont
> > drop me to '>>' at any time it seems. I've also tried Control-C but no
> > impact.
> >
> > I guess I will have to do it the "bad" way bye removing the harddisk.
>
> If you shutdown after NetBSD has been running, and then type
>
> 	>> setenv haltaction h
>
> then the system will stop at the >> prompt after powerup.  Then you can
> type just "boot" to boot the default kernel or type a more complex boot
> command if you want (including booting an old kernel).  Is this what you
> want?
>
> Simon.

That sounds nice, but doesnt work in practice for me since right now I
am locked out of the box. I cant even login with the new kernel (it
boots fine but takes no input on the login prompt, and dont reply to
ping). So there is no chance for me to 'setenv haltaction h'

--
Anders Andersson		anders@sanyusan.se
Sanyusan International AB	http://www.sanyusan.se/