Subject: Non 66Hz monitor with DECStation 5000/200
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: javi <mesamart@tobor.usc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/12/2000 23:01:04
Hi! Sorry I know that monitors were the subject of a previous thread, but
I can not find the e-mails in my mailbox.

This is my question, I got a DEC 5000/200 and I am trying to use it as a
terminal for my intel bsd box. I plan on installing BSD in the pmax,
however I have no monitor for my box. The PMAG-B board seems to drive
monitors @66Hz, I have lots of fixed freq monitors (SGI/IBM), but they
seem to operate @60Hz, thus they can not sync to the PMAX signal, I tried
tweaking the freq in several of my fixed freq monitors but to no avail. So
my question is this: is there a known technique to make PMAG work with
60Hz monitors. And if not does one a source of cheap VRT19 monitors near
L.A. area?

Also does anyone know where to get PMAG-F's I also have ultrix, and I
would like to see how that frame buffer does with PHIGS. Also, it seems
that PMAG-F's are supported in -current, is 24bit color also supported.

OK, that is all for now. Sorry for the intromission.

Francisco J. MesaMart 			   http://www-scf.usc.edu/~mesamart
USC Autonomous Robotics Research Lab   /  phone no:(213) 740-7288
Salvatori Computer Science Center     /     e-mail:mesamart@robotics.usc.edu
941 West 37th Place, #103 	     /	           mesamart@scf.usc.edu
Los Angeles, CALIFORNIA 90007-4059  /              mesamart@acm.org
" There are three kind of people in this world:
  Those who can count,
  and those who can not."