Subject: Re: My Dec is crashing?
To: Andrzej W=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=f3jkowski_?= <admin@cordef.com.pl>
From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/11/2000 11:22:33
In message <387B4D0F27.D543ADMIN@mail.cordef.com.pl> Andrzej W=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=f3jkowski_?= writes:
: Probably this is because you don't dissconnect your terminal (PC in this
: case) before shutting it down. I noticed, that debuuger (db>) apears
: even if you only reset PC, not leaving it set off. So the proper answer
: is: disconnect your PC before shutting down if you leave your DEC
: working.

Yes.  It is a *WELL* known problem that PC serial ports tend to put
out a long BREAK sequence while power is coming down, which kicks the
system into the debugger.

I don't know about NetBSD/pmax specifically, but I do know that
FreeBSD/i386 has a timeout value you can set via a config option to
tell the debugger to resume the system if nothing happens in a while.
Maybe it is time to look for that in Netbsd/pmax and add it if it
isn't there.

Warner