Subject: Multi-Headed oddity [PX and HX on a 5000/240 running 1.4P
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/04/2000 17:04:19
    I've got a 5000/240 in which I have a PMAG-C in slot 1 and a PMAGB-BA in
slot 0. I remember Tohru saying that REX grabs the lowest numbered display
device as the console, which is true. The PROM comes up on the PMAGB-BA.
Booting goes normally up to where 1.4P detects the px card. On the
PMAGB-BA's display I see:

px0 at tc0 slot 1 offset 0x0

then the console display switched to the PMAG-C and continues without
skipping a beat :)

:5x1 stamp, 8 plane
sfb0 at tc0 slot 0 offset 0x0: 1280x1024x8 (console)

Now when I get to the login and logon, everything is still on the PMAG-C,
but if I start X, the x display comes up (correctly I assume) on the
PMAGB-BA's display. I would think that NetBSD ought to use the PMAGB-BA
since it is marked as the console, but maybe I'm missing something or we
just haven't gotten that far yet!

    Is this a known behavior and would loading wscons be able to fix this?
Just wondering, I know Tohru needs more things to work on :-)

    Chris