Subject: Re: SCSI problems?
To: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@synchrods.synchrods.COM>
From: Douglas S. Meade <doug@umd.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/04/2000 16:04:38
Daniel,

These are messages sometimes seen when the SCSI bus is a little
flakey.  Either there is improper termination at one end of the
bus, or the ground voltage is different.  For example, if you
are using external devices, make sure they are plugged into the
same power supply that the computer holding the internal devices
is plugged into.  Also, using good quality active terminators
makes a difference.  With a less than perfect bus, things may
work for a while, until you ask a lot of it.  I noticed this
problem when making tapes, where the tape drive and the disk
were on the same bus.  Plugging them into the same power supply
fixed my problems.

Hope this helps,

Doug