Subject: Re: anon cvs and ssh
To: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/04/2000 00:17:42
> NetBSD Mailing list wrote:
>
> > None of the package directories for any of the NetBSD release versions
> > contains an ssh package (unless I missed it because it is not named ssh*).
> >
> > I went ahead and downloaded the latest ssh source from ftp.cs.hut.fi and
> > I'm building that now.  Now, since this is an EXTREMELY slow machine,
> > I'm inquiring about whether this will build on the pmax platform without
> > serious problems, since a package doesn't exist.
> >
> > Based on the 10 minutes it took for configure to set the compile up, perhaps
> > I'll receive some positive reinforcement or other direction on this issue
> > well before this build finishes :)
> >
> > If you know of a package built for 1.4 or better, or you have other advise
> > please let me know.
>
> It compiled and works for me out-of-the-box.  There are no precompiled
> binaries because there are export restrictions on crypto code in some
> countries.
>
> 	-- Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au>

Well, the ssh build didn't go very well for me:

gcc -pipe  -o ssh ssh.o sshconnect.o log-client.o readconf.o hostfile.o readpass.o  tildexpand.o clientloop.o
canoho
st.o  idea.o  rsa.o randoms.o md5.o buffer.o emulate.o packet.o compress.o  xmalloc.o ttymodes.o newchannels.o
bufau
x.o authfd.o authfile.o  crc32.o rsaglue.o cipher.o des.o match.o arcfour.o mpaux.o  userfile.o signals.o
blowfish.o
 deattack.o   -Lgmp-2.0.2-ssh-2 -lgmp -Lzlib-1.0.4 -lz  -lcrypt -L/usr/local/lib  -lutil
/usr/bin/ld: mpn_add_n.o: linking PIC files with non-PIC files
Bad value: failed to merge target specific data of file gmp-2.0.2-ssh-2/libgmp.a(mpn_add_n.o)
(and bunches more .o's at issue)

Anyone have suggestions?  I used simple "configure" and "make."   I know of
no exceptions I should have made with command-line arguments to configure.

-skots
--
Scott G. Akmentins-Taylor     InterNet: staylor@mrynet.com
MRY Systems			        staylor@mrynet.lv