Subject: anon cvs and ssh
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/03/2000 23:07:31
I'm trying to set up anon cvs for my pmax platform.
However, per the Norge mirror:

   Anonymous CVS to NetBSD Source Tree

   To use anonymous CVS, install a recent version of CVS and SSH on
   your local machine. Use for example the devel/cvs and security/ssh
   entry from the NetBSD package system.

None of the package directories for any of the NetBSD release versions
contains an ssh package (unless I missed it because it is not named ssh*).

I went ahead and downloaded the latest ssh source from ftp.cs.hut.fi and
I'm building that now.  Now, since this is an EXTREMELY slow machine,
I'm inquiring about whether this will build on the pmax platform without
serious problems, since a package doesn't exist.

Based on the 10 minutes it took for configure to set the compile up, perhaps
I'll receive some positive reinforcement or other direction on this issue
well before this build finishes :)

If you know of a package built for 1.4 or better, or you have other advise
please let me know.

Cheers :)
-skots
--