Subject: Puck mouse troubles
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 01/02/2000 18:40:24
Hey again all,

    I finally got a hold of a VS-XXX-BB for my 5000/25 (thanks Bob!),
however, I can't seem to get things to work right. The keyboard works fine
regardless if the mouse is installed at the prom. Doing a cnfg 3 shows both
the keyboard and mouse with the proper model numbers and ROM revisions.
Rolling the mouse around in the prom gives me [/``, etc. As soon as I boot,
I can't get the keyboard to work in single user or in X when the mouse is
installed. If I start the system without the mouse, keyboard works fine in
both single user and X. Now for the weird part: when I have the mouse
connected, I can't type anything, but the system still listens to
cntrl-alt-Return and cntrl-alt-backspace, and moving the mouse around gives
me the [/`, chars in both X and single user.
    I've been running under 1.4.1, 1.4P and I'm currently at the December
1.4P snapshot. Is this a known problem with the Puck mouse, Serial.Bus
support, or has it been fixed in the 1.4.2 Alpha snapshot?

    Thanks,

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."