Subject: Re: DS5k/240 refuses to boot
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Teichert <ut@netsurf.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/30/1999 20:21:00
Hi!

>As I understand it, ecoff file headers can be different between
>architectures.  Look at ECOFF_PAD in the ecoff_aouthdr struct in
>sys/exec_ecoff.h.  I wonder if any Alphas can boot via mop?

According to file.c from the mopd-package, yes:
[del]
case IHD_C_ALPHA:		/* ALPHA system image	     */
[deleted supported system file header hackery]

>Ideally, I should teach mopd to read NetBSD/pmax ELF kernels but I got
>lazy - it was much easier to hack support in for ECOFF.  Another day...

The code of mopd looks straight forward for me, so I think I'll gonna
give it a try - I'm on holiday until the 3rd of January ;-)

Bye for now,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Poliittinen Laulu (Punk Lurex OK),