Subject: Re: DS5k/240 refuses to boot
To: Ulrich Teichert <ut@netsurf.de>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/30/1999 10:59:56
Ulrich Teichert wrote:

> >> Could you put the sources on a ftp server? I'd like to leave the /240
> >> diskless.
> >
> >I'll dig up what I've got - I think it uses some NetBSD (pmax) specific
> >headers files for the ECOFF format, so you may have to play a bit to get
> >it working under Linux.  I need to make it portable, which probably means
> >encoding a lot of pmax specific ECOFF into into mopd.
>
> Could be. But has mopd a real need to understand the pmax specific
> things? Should I try to get it recognize the ECOFF format in general?

As I understand it, ecoff file headers can be different between
architectures.  Look at ECOFF_PAD in the ecoff_aouthdr struct in
sys/exec_ecoff.h.  I wonder if any Alphas can boot via mop?

Ideally, I should teach mopd to read NetBSD/pmax ELF kernels but I got
lazy - it was much easier to hack support in for ECOFF.  Another day...

Simon.