Subject: Re: DS5k/240 refuses to boot
To: Ulrich Teichert <ut@netsurf.de>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/30/1999 10:14:04
Ulrich Teichert wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I still can't netboot my DS5k/240 - the mopd 2.5.3 I found compiled
> flawlessly on my linux box, but doesn't get any connections, despite
> the fact that the bootpd runs fine. That rules out the network.

The problem is that the stock mopd only understand VAX boot files, not
pmax ECOFF boot files.

> >Do you still have you /25 running NetBSD?  I've got a severely hacked up
> >mopd that should let you boot the other box.
>
> Could you put the sources on a ftp server? I'd like to leave the /240
> diskless.

I'll dig up what I've got - I think it uses some NetBSD (pmax) specific
headers files for the ECOFF format, so you may have to play a bit to get
it working under Linux.  I need to make it portable, which probably means
encoding a lot of pmax specific ECOFF into into mopd.

Simon.