Subject: Re: DS5k/240 refuses to boot
To: Dieter Baron <dillo@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
From: Ulrich Teichert <ut@netsurf.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/29/1999 18:40:18
Hi!

>: Do you still have you /25 running NetBSD?  I've got a severely hacked up
>: mopd that should let you boot the other box.  Another answer is to blat
>: the diskimage.gz onto a disk on the /25 and move that to the /240.
>
>  Or, if your /240 has a CDROM, you can burn diskimage onto a CD (as
>mode 1 data track) and boot off it.

It hasn't, but I could temporarily attach one to it. But again this
implies that it has to be a local disk to boot off. I wanted to
avoid this.

I think the first thing I'll look into is the mopd. If I will make
any headway, I will write about it.

Thanks,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Poliittinen Laulu (Punk Lurex OK),