Subject: Re: DS5k/240 refuses to boot
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Ulrich Teichert <ut@netsurf.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/29/1999 18:34:41
Hi!

>       [ ... 3MAX+ refuses '3/tftp' ... ]
>
>> ???
>> ? PC:  0x80021fe4<vtr=NRML>
>> ? CR:  0x30000010<CE=3,EXC=AdEL>
>> ? SR:  0x30080000<CU1,CU0,CM,IPL=8>
>> ? VA:  0xa000ef3a
>
>REX ROM monitor failed with 'address error on LOAD operation'

That's the EXC=AdEL? I suspected that EXC stands for exception,
but that AdEL was too much abbreviation for me. Oh Well.

>> Is the ROM version (5.1b) too old to boot via TFTP? I don't have
>> a mop server handy and this box has no drives currently attached
>> to it. Or is it dead? Has someone seen this error message before?
>
>Does the error happen before any network transaction, or can you
>observe something send back-and-forth between your 3MAX+ and
>BOOTP/TFTP server?

It's happening before any TFTP-request. My TFTP server has debugging
switched on and is very verbose about any connections ;-)

Thanks,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Poliittinen Laulu (Punk Lurex OK),