Subject: Re: DS5k/240 refuses to boot
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Ulrich Teichert <ut@netsurf.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/29/1999 18:30:14
Hi!

>> KN03-AA V5.1b
>
>This model is listed as "Doesn't appear to tftp boot correctly" on
>http://www.NetBSD.ORG/Ports/pmax/board-list.html.

Ah! If I had only looked by myself...

>> Is the ROM version (5.1b) too old to boot via TFTP? I don't have
>> a mop server handy and this box has no drives currently attached
>> to it. Or is it dead? Has someone seen this error message before?
>
>Do you still have you /25 running NetBSD?  I've got a severely hacked up
>mopd that should let you boot the other box.

Well, now it's running an unfinished Linux port, but I could install
NetBSD on it's local disk (which has a very crude ULTRIX on it - doesn't
boot to multiuser). Another thing is to get your mopd compiled on my
Linux x86 server - I hate to distribute things around and this box
acts as TFTP-server for the 5k/25.

  Another answer is to blat
>the diskimage.gz onto a disk on the /25 and move that to the /240.

Yupp, that's the easiest. I wonder if there is a boot PROM version
for the 240 which is able to boot per TFTP and when there is such
a beast, how to get it on my box?

Thanks,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de
Stormweg 24               |listening to: Poliittinen Laulu (Punk Lurex OK),