Subject: Other similar compile problem
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Michael <rmichael@oci.utoronto.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/29/1999 11:38:26
Hello everyone,

	Just noticed the other message regarding kernel compilation trouble, and
thought I'd post this while it is a current topic.

	I tried (for the first time) to compile a new netbsd kernel on my 5/240
last night.
	It died with an error while compiling one of the turbochannel c files -
it was the usual "treating warnings as errors" problem.  Specifically, it
was an unused variable (this is from memory and I don't remember exactly
which file or var).

	I noticed other postings on usenet that mention this problem w/ other
ports and patches have been made available.  Is this the proper solution, or
have I simply cfg'd something wrong?  Should I change the cc flags, so that
it won't stop when it encounters a warning?

	Cheers.
--
Regards,
Richard