Subject: Re: Updating to -current snapshot, framebuffer performance
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/16/1999 17:26:31
>> People who are
>> serious to get graphic performance gain on any TURBOchannel based
>> DECstations, I recommend to take effort to obtain HX TURBOchannel
>> option card.  Then, ahh..., wait for the forthcoming WSCONS
>> transition.  You will never regret it, I assure.
>
> I assume that the work for the PMAGB-BA board on pmax will transfer over to
> alpha?  I currently use a PMAGB-BA in my 5000/200 -- it would be really
> neat to use it in AXP 3000/400.  :)

Right.  Both are being done simultaneously.  You would be stuned to
see the performance boost of HX enabled console on 175MHz DEC3000/600.
When I am able to fill the missing piece of WSCONS sfb.c, I will start
to build HX enabled X11R6 server good for TC Alpha and DECstation,
however, I am got side-tracked now for other NetBSD/pmax improvements.

Tohru Nishimura