Subject: Re: DECsystem -> DECstation
To: pmax <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/13/1999 17:14:23
On Mon, Dec 13, 1999 at 12:47:35PM -0500, Ted Lemon wrote:

> You may have to do a "set console" command to get it to choose the
> other console.   I.e., go in on the serial port and, at the prompt,
> type "set console <something>".   Unfortunately, I can't remember what
> the <something> is, but maybe you can figure it out somehow.   It
> might be just "console" and not "set console."

it's 'set console <tc option number>'... so if you have a framebuffer in
slot 2, 'set console 2'.

I just added a head to my /200 this past weekend, and went through this
little dance.  Having a 1280x1024 17" trinitron after my interlaced
1088x864 14" is like a breath of fresh air.  (I just wish it had more
bits per pixel, although the trippiness-factor of a color-cycling
xscreensaver almost makes the loss of color depth worth it.)

--
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
   "I really admire your perverse mastery of the SPARC branch delay slot,