Subject: Re: DECsystem -> DECstation
To: Ted Lemon , <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/13/1999 16:09:33
on 12/13/99 12:47 PM, Ted Lemon at mellon@isc.org wrote:

> You may have to do a "set console" command to get it to choose the
> other console.   I.e., go in on the serial port and, at the prompt,
> type "set console <something>".   Unfortunately, I can't remember what
> the <something> is, but maybe you can figure it out somehow.   It
> might be just "console" and not "set console."
>
> _MelloN_

    If you don't have a serial console available the best thing to do is
crack open your box, and look for a redish-brown colored four pin connector
and a two pin black jumper section. (This is on the DECstation's not
DECsystems, but it should be the same.) Grab a standard jumper and put it
over the black two pin connector, then power up your system. This should put
the console prompt back on your main graphics console. Once you see the >>
prompt or it asks you to pick your language, you can remove the jumper and
go from there.

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."