Subject: Re: -current kernel build failure
To: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/09/1999 00:57:36
"Terry R. Friedrichsen" wrote:

> I dunno if I should bother reporting this, or to whom, so if I'm doing
> this wrong, please flame.

No flames!  Reports like this are welcome.

> [ rcons const problem ]

I've been talking over a fix for this with a few people.  Hopefully
tomorrow I'll get it committed.  What you've done should be ok for now.

> (By the way, as one of the tiniest nits you'll ever see picked, fbvar.h does
> not end with a newline ...).

I think I fixed that today.

> The resultant kernel, built from sources supped at 0800 UTC on 12/08, fails
> to load with an undefined reference to ibus_pmax_ca, so I'm going to go find
> that next ...
>
> FWIW, I'm running a stock 1.4.1 userland with an updated config(8) and new
> configuration files based on GENERIC 1.56.

If you have modified GENERIC it sounds like you still have a "ibus0 at
mainbus0" line but no 3100 or 5100 system options...

Simon.