Subject: Re: Current kernels hanging in _splnone() on a /240?
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/07/1999 18:44:30
Matthias Drochner wrote:

> One more kernel to try...
> I'm running it on a '240 with sfb graphics myself.
> I've put it for FTP to
> zelof1.zel.kfa-juelich.de:/pub/NetBSD/pmax/netbsd-3maxplus-current
> It is from the "nisimura-wscons" branch too.

Ok, this kernel boots fine all the way to multi-user state! Now, what
magic did you apply to build a working kernel? I will try to rebuild the
compiler and tool-chain from -current source and see if I can roll my
own kernel...

BTW: A full set of PROM tests as suggested by Simon Burge revealed a
memory module that seems to have died of old age ;-) This shows that one
can not always rely on testing MS02's in only one machhine. This module
has been tested in a /200 where it passed the tests without any
problem...

Now, a big thank you to all for the helpful suggenstions and test
kernels. Now I'll try to dig around a little more to see if there is a
problem with a "old" tool-chain not beeing able to create working
kernels...

until later,
Marc