Subject: Re: RESEND: problems mounting /usr and /home on nfs
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Gordon C. Zaft <zaft@azstarnet.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/05/1999 00:11:01
         The resolution seemed to be to just put them together and not try
to export /usr or /home separately.

         Actually, this was all moot if I'd thought about it since I didn't
intend to run the machine diskless for any length of time; what I wanted
was to install it on my hard disk.   It's a bit confusing to me.  Anyway, I
was able to boot the install kernel and I'm happily retrieving sets even as
we speak...

         Why do the docs tell you to set it up that way?

         Thanks to all for your help!

At 05:41 AM 12/5/99 +0000, you wrote:
>In article <199912042353.QAA00431@andromeda.azstarnet.com>,
>  <zaft@azstarnet.com> wrote:
> >

> >       I'm not sure I follow this.  On my NFS server, /home is one big
> >partition which is on a separate disk from the server's own /, /usr,
> >etc.

>Right, they all live in the same partition on the server, so if you export
>one as maproot you'll have to export all of them the same way in a single
>line (I think).
>
>christos

Gordon Zaft
zaft@azstarnet.com