Subject: Re: RESEND: problems mounting /usr and /home on nfs
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 12/04/1999 22:41:27
In article <4.2.1.19991203235916.034e8de0@pop.azstarnet.com>,
Gordon C. Zaft <zaft@azstarnet.com> wrote:

>	The exports file on the server looks like:
>
>#/etc/exports
>           home/export/pmax/root -maproot=root damasus.zaft.org
>           home/export/pmax/swap -maproot=root damasus.zaft.org
>           home/export/pmax/usr                damasus.zaft.org
>           home/export/pmax/home               damasus.zaft.org
>
>The permissions on the exported /usr and /home are:
>
>drwxr-xr-x	2 root wheel	512	Dec 3 22:39 home
>drwxr-xr-x  	13 root wheel	512	Dec 3 22:32 usr
>
>When I restart mountd I get:
>
>Can't change attributes for /home/export/pmax/usr
>Bad exports list line /home/export/pmax/usr

From the BUGS section of exports:

BUGS
     The export options are tied to the local mount points in the kernel and
     must be non-contradictory for any exported subdirectory of the local
     server mount point.  It is recommended that all exported directories
     within the same server filesystem be specified on adjacent lines going
     down the tree.  You cannot specify a hostname that is also the name of a
     netgroup.  Specifying the full domain specification for a hostname can
     normally circumvent the problem.

So my guess is that usr is in the same partition as root and swap...

christos