Subject: Re: More ont he tape drive who wants to be a HD
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Lord Isildur <isildur@guild.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/30/1999 12:10:54
ah yes, correct. I had mixed pmax and alpha terminology.. oops :-)
disclaimer: i run Ultrix on my PMAXen and thought that NetBSD wouldnt
be (still) using the Ultrix naming conventions! (though i prefer the
Ultrix conventions to the 'newer' conventions, as Ultrix is truer to
4.3BSD)
the thing with this guy's tape drive that wants to be a hard disk when it
grows up is comign from the fact that it reports itself as direct access
instead of sequential access when the machine is checking what's there!

does NetBSD have a utility like ultrix's (and OSF1's) scu?

happy hacking,
isildur