Subject: Re: "too many SBEs..." from 7/mem check on 5000/200 and 3/mem on
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/21/1999 21:53:41
on 11/21/99 9:27 PM, Simon Burge at simonb@NetBSD.ORG wrote:

> Chris Tribo wrote:
>
>> I've been trying to test some RAM SIPP's in my 5000/200 and 5000/240 and
>> I get for instance:
>>
>> KN02-AA V5.3t
>> ?TFL: board 6: too many SBEs:8388480
>> ?TFL: 7/mem (1:1 failing board(s)) [KN02-AA]
>>
>> I really am quite clueless as to what this is trying to say, but I'm
>> hoping that it isn't bad RAM. It also seems to be quite intermittent.
>
> If the problem is intermittent, I'd try cleaning the connectors.
> Unfortuneately this isn't as easy to do on an MS02 module as it
> is on something like a regular SIMM...
>
> Simon.

    I've been swapping modules in different slots and between the 5000/200
and the 240 almost all day and I now I am only having one problem with one
SIPP (MS02?) which did not go away in testing at least five times on both
machines so I know that one is bad, all the others appear good though.

    So now I have a 5000/200 with 32MB of RAM, Ultrix 4.5 on one RZ25L disk
and NetBSD 1.4.1 on the other; and a 5000/240 with 416MB of RAM, Prestoserve
1MB NVRAM card (not currently installed) and Ultrix 4.5/NetBSD 1.4.1. Both
have PMAGB-B's (HX) and one non-working PMAG-CA (PX) and a VS3100m30 w/25MB
of RAM running 1.4.1 as well. I'll talk about the PMAG-C next...

    Let me know if I can put these systems to any developmental/testing use.
(Ultrix compat./HX,PX) My bandwidth is limited to a 56k modem for the time
being, but either Cable modem or xDSL will be coming soon.

    Thanks for all your help Tohru and Simon both.

    Chris

--
    "I use to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure..."