Subject: Re: wscons virtuals on the VaxStation
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org, port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/20/1999 14:22:09
>> I've noticed some discussion on port-pmax with respect to
>> sharing some dc/dz driver code with port-vax.
>> Maybe someone from the mips side can pipe up at this point?  :)
>
> I have 'bus-space'd DC7085 driver for tty/wskbd/wsmouse in
> [nisimura-pmax-wscons].  They were commited yesterday.  They are
> in near-complete status, but never tested on real hardwares.

Ahh, I recognized it's painful to have almost identical sets of ttys
in parallel.  I guess qbus/dz.c is more debugged and managed than what
I have commited in dev/dec/.  The issue is, the availablity of modem
control/hardware control leads vary widely across each target
hardwares, but it would be solved in sane ways.

Tohru Nishimura