Subject: Re: DECstation 5000/200: Only serial console supported?
To: Florian Weimer <Florian.Weimer@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/16/1999 13:05:56
Florian Weimer wrote:

> I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.4.1 on this machine.  After booting and
> a cnfg request, it shows the following messages:
>
> KN02-AA V5.3t
> >> cnfg
>  0: PMAG-CA   DEC     v5.3a    TCF0    (PX -- D=8)

	I have the same machine and an almost identical setup aside from 32MB
or RAM instead of 48. In order to use the PMAG-C (PXG Card) you need to
either patch the 1.4.1 kernel or download the 1.4PX kernel. Its in the
arch/pmax/1.4px directory on the NetBSD FTP site. (I think thats right)
Until I get my network setup figured out, I don't have any way of
getting the PX kernel to my machine aside from burning another CD with
2MB on it. So I haven't tested it myself yet.

	Chris