Subject: Re: question about xterm/rxvt
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Schoedel <schoedel@kw.igs.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/13/1999 17:57:34
>I'd especially like to fix the rxvt problem, since
>I prefer rxvt to xterm, and the backspace doesn't work in any other app
>other than xterm and a few athena-based apps.

I normally use rxvt running on pmax and displaying on an X terminal, and
I have no problems. Backpace sends ^H and arrows send ^[[A through ^[[D
as they should.

Some questions that may help isolate your problem:
- Do you mean rxvt running on the pmax and displaying on another display,
  or running on another machine and displaying on the pmax display?
- Are you using the rxvt package or one you built yourself? If you build your
  own, try setting FORCE_BACKSPACE in feature.h. If you use the package one,
  check that your stty erase key is ^H.
- Does the X server send the right event when you press the backspace key?
  (If you run xev and press backspace, do you get 'keysym 0xff08, BackSpace',
  or something else?)
--
Kevin Schoedel
schoedel@kw.igs.net