Subject: Re: Problem with binary packages
To: None <pcw@mesanet.com>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@bebita.synchrods.COM>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/06/1999 18:07:05
		I just installed NetBSD 1.41 on a 5000/133 and all went well
	(minor problems with missing termcap entries aside...) except that when I
	install binary packages I get errors like:

	gzip: stdout: Broken pipe
	tar: child returned status 1

		The packages seem to install, at least the executable is
	installed...

		The funny thing is that is that I actually installed 1.41 twice
	(the first disk drive was too noisy for me) and I dont think that I had
	the problem the first time. Another thing I noticed was that the very
	first package you try to install fails with a missing directory error...

Same thing here. But I don't think is related to the 1.4.1
packages in themselves. I get the same problem in some random
fashion with any tarball that I "gunzip -c" and "tar xf -". But
the result seems correct anyway.

Dan