Subject: Problem with binary packages
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Peter C. Wallace <pcw@mesanet.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/06/1999 15:02:03
	I just installed NetBSD 1.41 on a 5000/133 and all went well
(minor problems with missing termcap entries aside...) except that when I
install binary packages I get errors like:

gzip: stdout: Broken pipe
tar: child returned status 1

	The packages seem to install, at least the executable is
installed...

	The funny thing is that is that I actually installed 1.41 twice
(the first disk drive was too noisy for me) and I dont think that I had
the problem the first time. Another thing I noticed was that the very
first package you try to install fails with a missing directory error...

	Any ideas?

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics