Subject: Re: pinout on serial port on powerbook (wallstreet)?
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/04/1999 10:03:43
	The ninth pin is for the Apple GeoPort modems which were capable of a
DTE of 230kbps. For some reason Apple never made a 56K GeoPort modem
(all models had voice mail/fax and some sort of speech recognition
features). And it seems that they have abandoned the technology
alltogether. As for the actual function of the Ninth pin, I have no
idea. I don't have a pinout for the Mini-8, but I will check it out as I
believe I have a doc saved on my computer at home that has DB-9 to
Mini-8/9 conversion.

	Chris