Subject: re: -current help
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/02/1999 10:22:46
Well, this is an oddity.  The short version of the story is that config works
for me now.

The long version is (and I've still got the command sequence on my screen, so
I don't *think* I'm crazy) that the first time I ran the NetBSD-current config
executable that I just built from the sources, I got the same syntax error on
the defpseudo line that 1.4.1 config was giving me.

But then I copied the contents of the config directory to another directory,
intending to hack on the sources to figure out what was going on.  That self-
same executable that just gave me a syntax error *worked* the second time I
ran it.

I've seen Ultrix do this a time or two, also (with witnesses who were NOT
drunk).  Deep mystery for another time.

"It's not a bug unless it happens twice."  I've said it a thousand times, and
I forgot to heed my own advice this time.  Sigh.

Sorry about that.

Terry R. Friedrichsen

terry@venus.sunquest.com