Subject: Re: net-install HELP
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Redmond <charlie25@my-Deja.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 11/01/1999 17:56:48

--
Hi,
	I have exactly this problem as well..
My bootptab has worked for 5000/25's, 33's, 200's and 125's HOWEVER I did check the prom version of my 5000/240  against the list on www.netbsd.org and did indeed find that mine
will not tftp.. Perhaps this is the problem ?

On a side note to this, I moved my /200 installed system  to the /240 and was wondering what steps I could take to make the installation work ..
My /200 had a serial console (VT320) and the
/240 has a PMAGB-B. I have re-run /dev/MAKEDEV
yet after the box has been up a few days
I cannot even run /sbin/dmesg
I get a "bad magic number" error.
If I reboot, this then works fine.. again til some days have passed.
I'm running NetBSD 1.3.3 on this box and don't want to re-install if at all possible as it has my primary dns..

Charles