Subject: Re: YP-HELP
To: Mark Rewis <markrewis@home.com>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/31/1999 16:33:24
Mark Rewis wrote:

> Having said all that:
> 			I cannot log into the client machines as anyone listed in the
> master's hosts 			file

  You mean password file, right?

> 			It appears that the various local files ( hosts, group, passwd )
> are 			not being replaced or appended, respectively ( once again ypcat
> shows
> 			valid info for passwd and group).

  They shouldn't be, at least in my experience with YP/NIS.  The various
library routines grab the stuff from the maps themselves.
  You are running ypbind on the clients, right?

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
Computer/Synth Junkie                      http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/