Subject: Re: DS5000/200 testing????
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofy.goof.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/31/1999 12:52:38
On Sun, Oct 31, 1999 at 12:40:00PM -0500, NetBSD Bob wrote:

> There are 8 groups of 9 chips of the 41000 size on each board, so I
> think they are probably 8M boards for 24M total.  Is that sufficient
> to run a 5000/200 or should I be looking for more?

I ran my /200 with 16MB for quite a while...  NetBSD was perfectly
happy, although the swap drive did grind quite a bit when making the
world.

As for getting more memory, I've purchased some from Steve Bigos
<sbigos@earthlink.net>, who likely still has some, along with other DEC
goodies like 5000/240s, TZK10s, RZ56s, and storage expansion boxes.
Another source might be Ron Case <noresac@shreve.net>, who was able to
send me 20(!) 8MB modules to finish stuffing my /200 and fill my /240.

--
  Aaron J. Grier  | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." | agrier@poofy.goof.com
   "I really admire your perverse mastery of the SPARC branch delay slot,