Subject: Re: DS5000/200 testing????
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/30/1999 14:21:45
Guys... while we are on the subject of DS5000/200 funzies.....

How can I test a bare 5000/200 chassis with only a serial console?

I have a nice 5000/200 box, with what appears to be 3 of the big
ram modules (24mb? or 48mb?), and a PMAG card.  But, I don't have
the monitor for it.  I do have the keyboard and port dongle to the
mouse.

IF I remove the PMAG card, can it be tested with a serial terminal?

If so, which ports and what wiring is required?

IS a scsi bus terminator required on the back of the case, just for
testing purposes?

Any insights are appreciated.

Thanks

Bob