Subject: Re: Misc Probs with 1.4.1 and Decstation 5000/200
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/29/1999 10:36:28
>>     OK I downloaded the 1.4px Diskimage and renamed the generic kernel and
>> boot; and moved the the px kernel and boot into / on rz0a. When I try to
>> boot it It starts the first group of numbers with the spinner, then it sais
>> read text and dumps me back to PROM and tried to boot again the same way
>> over and over. Do I need to run the install program instead in this case?

That means the PX-enabled kernel died immediately after loading before
emitting any useful message on screen.  To make sure your PX-enabled
kernel image is not corrupted, try serial console with it first to see
the kernel can boot itself correctly.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology