Subject: Re: nfs v3 problems
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Bob Lantz <lantz@Stanford.EDU>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/28/1999 23:34:13
On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Kevin Schoedel wrote:

> > share -F nfs -o rw=flashmachines root=flashdomain -d "pdp:/p5" /p5
>
> There's a comma in here I assume? ^

Yes.

> I tried again with a root= option (the only difference between your share
> and mine, modulo the actual names) and still everything works.

Hmm... definitely doesn't work for me.

> Are you running 1.4, or 1.4.1? A quick diff shows a few NFS v3 changes,
> so if you are in fact currently using plain 1.4, I'd suggest trying 1.4.1
> first.

1.4. Actually, I'd rather use nfs2 than have to upgrade just for this!!
Unless 1.4.1 supports acceleration on my PMAGB-B framebuffer. In which
case I would upgrade. In fact, that would be enough to make me switch to
Linux, if they supported it... I still remember that fast Ultrix X
server!!