Subject: Re: Misc Probs with 1.4.1 and Decstation 5000/200
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/28/1999 01:18:36
    OK I'm using a direct boot from the diskimage.gz written to my Iomega
ZIP as it is the only way I have of transferring information at this point.
I tried booting directly from the zip disk "boot 5/rz5/netbsd" and booting
from the generic kernel, then moving the boot and netbsd files from the zip
disk file system into / on rz0 (the primary HD). When I boot I try and boot
I get:
boot command: boot -z 5 5/rz0/netbsd -aN

date/rev #'s etc.

Boot: 5/rz0/netbsd
998552+2143968+240196=0x33b00
Starting at 0x80030000

Then I am dumped back into PROM with KN02-AA V5.3t (PC:0x8010f974, SP:
0x8002ff90)

    I downloaded and ungziped netbsd.ecoff, but I have no way of netbooting
currently. The file size of netbsd.ecoff corresponts to what you have
listed. How about diskimage I have 2097152. The px netbsd kernel shows
1183258 and the boot loader 40132.

    Chris