Subject: Re: Misc Probs with 1.4.1 and Decstation 5000/200
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <t1345@hopi.dtcc.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/28/1999 00:28:34

> I'm not sure about your SCSI problem - the obvious thing to check (as
> always with SCSI) is that you have termination correct.  Other than
> that, nothing comes to mind...
>
> Simon.

    As far as termination goes, the Quantum drives have passive resistor
paks on the drives. I have the last drive in the chain terminated properly.
I also noted that some drives can supply termination power to the bus, use
bus termination power, etc. I believe that these drives do not supply
termination power. If the DEC doesnt' supply term. power, could that cause
this? The only other jumpers on the HD is parity. I get the same results
regardless of parity setting however.

    Chris