Subject: Re: Thanks for help with DS5000/125
To: None <Cory.Bajus@mts.mb.ca>
From: Douglas S. Meade <doug@umd.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/27/1999 11:26:40
Hi Cory,

I've had some experience with NFS problems using Linux.  I can
add to this thread that I have been able to netboot NetBSD
pmax and/or vax from Slackware 3.5, Redhat 5.1, and Debian 2.0,
but not Debian 2.1 or RedHat 6.x.  Some have suggested to me that
the solution on the newer kernels is to take the kernel nfsd
support out, and re-install the older version of NFS.  However,
since I now have several pmax machines to netboot from, I haven't
tried that yet ;)

   - Doug

P.S. - Word is out that Alan Cox plans to fix knfsd to be
compatible with NetBSD and Solaris in one of the next kernel
releases.  With current versions such as 2.2.12 or so,
you cannot mount a RedHat mount point from NetBSD.