Subject: Re: Help with DS5000/125
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/27/1999 12:37:28
>> 1) On startup, when running through its self-tests, it prints out the
>> following message:
>>
>> ?TFL: 0/ptrn (3, exp=90, act=98) PMAG-BA
>>
>> I am guessing that the framebuffer has failed a test of some sort
>> (I am currently using a serial console).  Has anyone else seen this
>> message?
>
> I think it means your pointer (mouse) isn't plugged in.  Usually when
> running with serial consoles I tend you yank the graphics card out.  I
> wouldn't worry about it at this stage.

I also have an impression it'd be better to neglect this moment.  But,
I'm wondering the message might mean;

	slot#0 pattern (expected 90, got 98) PMAG-BA

since diagnostic routines builtin the PMAG-BA TC framebuffer PROM won't
check serial devices connected through slot#3 IOASIC/Z8530 combo.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology