Subject: Help with DS5000/125
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: None <Cory.Bajus@mts.mb.ca>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/26/1999 13:03:13
Hi all.  I am new to the NetBSD world, and have been trying to resurrect an unused DS5000/125 by getting NetBSD working on it.  I have run into the following problems:

1) On startup, when running through its self-tests, it prints out the following message:

?TFL: 0/ptrn (3, exp=90, act=98) PMAG-BA

I am guessing that the framebuffer has failed a test of some sort (I am currently using a serial console).  Has anyone else seen this message?

2) The machine came with no OS or drives, so I am attempting to netboot it using a linux system (Debian 2.1).  Using the nfsnetbsd boot image, the machine boots but fails to mount its root partition.  The error message is as follows:

boot device: <unknown>
nfs_boot: trying DHCP/BOOTP
nfs_boot: DHCP server: 0x8ea0a521
nfs_boot: my_name=tstsap2.mts.mb.ca
nfs_boot: my_addr=0x8ea0a53d
nfs_boot: my_mask=0xffffff00
nfs_boot: portmap NFS, error=5
cannot mount root, error=5
root device (default le0):

Are there any ideas as to why this is not working?  I am pretty sure that the disk image is being exported properly (syslog shows a successful NFS mount).

Thanks in advance...

Cory Bajus.