Subject: xdm errors (was: help please)
To: None <Philip.Tait@phxase.allied.com>
From: Daniel Senderowicz <daniel@synchrods.synchrods.COM>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/25/1999 15:09:21
>> It wasn't only the problem of blanking but it just never logged
>> in, although the password was correct. On the other hand, when I
>> entered an incorrect password it said it, so somehow the thing
>> stays in a loop or something. Thanks.
>
>On Ultrix, there was an xdm-errors log file in the xdm setup directory
>(/usr/lib/X11/xdm I think).  Sometimes that contained useful clues.

I just found out that the NetBSD default error file for xdm is
in /var/log.  This contains:

AUDIT: Fri Oct 22 10:36:28 1999: 180 X: client 3 rejected from local host
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: :0
AUDIT: Fri Oct 22 10:36:45 1999: 180 X: client 3 rejected from local host
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: :0
AUDIT: Fri Oct 22 10:36:59 1999: 180 X: client 3 rejected from local host
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
Error: Can't open display: :0

Thanks in advance. Cheers,

Dan