Subject: Re: Question about copyrights on old material
To: Jeffrey Mogul <mogul@pa.dec.com>
From: Bernhard H. Buckel <buckel@wmad95.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/25/1999 20:38:03
Hello Jeffrey,

Wow - that's a fast response!

    Jeffrey> Two more questions: (1) who are you representing?  I've
    Jeffrey> lost track if you are with FreeBSD, NetBSD, etc. - I'm
    Jeffrey> guessing NetBSD, but please verify that.

Yes, it's NetBSD. I speak on behalf of the netbsd-pmax mailing
list. All the communication we had on the mailing list is archived
under http://mail-index.netbsd.org/mlist/port-pmax , if that is of
interest.

    Jeffrey> (2) I want to confirm that you are looking specifically
    Jeffrey> for permission to post these documents, in unmodified
    Jeffrey> form, for free access on public Web and FTP sites.  No
    Jeffrey> fees will be charged for access to this material.

Of course the NetBSD project wouldn't charge fees for access nor
modify those documents. I'm not sure whether you need a more formal
statement from me but being obviously a non-native speaker I can't
formulate that better, sorry.

    Jeffrey> or something like that, so that when I ask for approval,
    Jeffrey> I'll be asking for the right thing.

I hope this is good enough?

    Jeffrey> Remember, no promises!

Sure, we know that and appreciate your efforts very much!

TIA,

			       Bernhard

--
"You, sir, are drunk."