Subject: Re: help please
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/25/1999 16:33:25
mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu said:
>  The fix would be to either have the X server restore the keyboard
> when the server exits (which means the server would need to know how
> the keyboard was originally configured), or have the kernel reset the
> keyboard when the server exits (in fbclose()?).

The wscons code (dev/dec/lk201_ws.c) keeps all keys
in updown mode. The wskbd interface which the X server
is supposed to use does not allow to program the
keyboard freely.
If there wouldn't be that zs hardware handshake problem,
we could have this in the main tree...
For now, I'd say the kernel should reset the keyboard
to the settings it wants because it can't be read back.

best regards
Matthias