Subject: Re: new improved bootblocks
To: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/25/1999 17:29:43
Toru Nishimura wrote:

> Simon, I could not figure out what's the point you are talking about
> unfortunately; especially how 1st/2nd stage bootblock relates with 'the
> new way'.

Now that I look back at it, I did ramble on a bit!  The actual question
was:

	should we do away with disklabel's ability
	to install the first stage bootblocks?

ie, installboot can install the bootblocks, but should we remove this
ability from disklabel (using "disklabel -B") at the same time.

See Jason's reply for one reason why this makes sense (keeping the
partition editor vs. boot loader separate).  Gotta run to catch a
train home - I'll follow up later if you have more questions.

Simon.