Subject: Re: netboot on 5000/240 probs
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/25/1999 13:50:37
> Got the same err with the transcever set to the wrong mode, if that makes
> a difference. Prolly would happen without the network.
>

>> The PC (0x80021fe4) is not in an area that NetBSD code uses - it's
>> marked as "Additional PROM space (64K)" according to an Ultrix header
>> file.
>>
>> > Ideas? This is my first experience w/ pmax.
>>
>> Not a good one unfortunately :-(
>>

> Do not get the err on another machine w/ a different motherboard.

You see there is a difference, it's pretty good, because you have a
plain way to spot and identify 'what difference makes the error' by
building hypotheses and running experiments to verify/deny them using
incremental approach of equipment/configration swap.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology