Subject: Re: netboot on 5000/240 probs
To: Michael Bartosh <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: wb2oyc <wb2oyc@bellatlantic.net>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/22/1999 07:09:28
>>paul
>
>That's what I meant, I'm fairly sure. My mistake in transcribing (the
>DECStation is at work, I'm at home)
>
>Or do the errors indicate I'm wrong about this?

Michael,

OH, ok...I have no idea what the errors are supposed to tell us, but
maybe you should try 'cnfg' and see what it tells you.  It should
produce a list of devices...and the ethernet will be one of those
id'd..along with its MAC address..I think that will tell you that its
at least alive from the cpu's perspective.

one thing the errors suggest is this: on mine, if a command is not
recognized it tells you that...so what you're seeing makes me think
its having a hard time talking to the interface, if you did type it
in correctly..but I'm not sure what it does if the keyword is right
but arguments are not...in any case, I'm sure you got the command
keyword right....boot...

:)
Paul