Subject: Re: FWD from Jeffrey Mogul: Re: Question about copyrights on old material
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-pmax
Date: 10/22/1999 13:38:34
		[ ... Jeff Mogul speaks out ... ]

>> If you get me a list of the documents in question (PLEASE be
>> as specific as possible - part numbers, revision numbers,
>> dates, and exact titles - and please make the listing as neat
>> as possible, too) I will try to get someone in authority
>> to issue a statement.
>>
>> I was recently able to get approval to release the AlphaServer 2100
>> technical specs - nobody seemed to have any objections, in fact.
>> Generally, the powers that be seem more than willing to support
>> all of the open-source OS efforts.
>>
>> No promises, though!
>>
>> -Jeff

I've been dreaming to obtain several DECstation functional specificiations
for long time.  According to CMU Mach source codes, project members were
supplied technical docos of DECstation internals from d|i|g|i|t|a|l.

        "DECstation 3100 Desktop Workstation Functional Specification"
        Workstation Systems Engineering, Palo Alto, CA. Aug 28, 1990.

This documentation bas been available as a PostScript file in gatekeeper.

        "DECstation 5000/200 KN02 System Module Functional Specification"
        Workstation Systems Engineering, Palo Alto, CA. Aug 27, 1990.

This is also available in gatekeeper.

        "3MIN System Module Functional Specification"  Revision 1.7
        Workstation Systems Engineering, Palo Alto, CA. Sept 14, 1990.
        "KN02BA Daughter Card Functional Specification" Revision 1.0
        Workstation Systems Engineering, Palo Alto, CA. Aug  14, 1990.

        "MAXine System Module Functional Specification"  Revision 1.2
        Workstation Systems Engineering, Palo Alto, CA. July 15, 1991.

        "IO Controller ASIC Functional Specifications"
        Workstation Systems Engineering, Palo Alto, CA. Feb 1, 1991.

        "DESKTOPinterconnect Description and Protocol Specification"
        Version 0.9, Jun 17 1991
        "Open Desktop Bus, Locator Device Protocol Specification"
        Version 0.4, Dec 13 1990
        "Open Desktop Bus, Keyboard Device Protocol Specification"
        Version 0.7, Jan 9 1991

No 'part's number' is specifed.

Tohru Nishimura
Nara Institute of Science and Technology